What Makes Us Different
- You don’t have to give up hope to get hospice. Many patients and the loved ones who care for them say they wish hospice care had started sooner.
- Treatments that provide our patients with comfort and relief may continue, uninterrupted, even after we’ve started providing hospice care.
- We don’t require that advance directive choices be made such as a “do not resuscitate” order (DNR) or living will to begin providing hospice care.
- When you need care, we’re ready to provide it. Any day of the year, any time of the day, we can initiate hospice care for you or your loved one.
- Our heart stretches across the nation. At any given time, Heartland provides comforting care to thousands of patients in communities and neighborhoods across the country.
- We’re fully accredited by CHAP, the Community Health Accreditation Program. We’ve chosen to follow their additional requirements in order to help advance the highest standards of community-based care.
- Wherever you are in your health care journey, we’re there to meet you.
- As mutual care providers, we work closely with your health care professionals to make sure specific protocols are followed closely.
In Addition We Offer
- Pet Therapy
- We Honor Veterans
- Vigil Volunteers
- Memorial Services
- Massage Therapy
- Home IV Therapy for Comfort
- CHAP Accredited - Deficiency Free Survey
Dr. Ehab M. Kaiser - Medical Director
- Credentials: MD, CMD
- Residency: Forest Park Hospital
- Medical School: Cairo University Medical School
- Medical Specialty: Internal Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Practice or Clinic: Ehab M. Kaiser, MD, LLC
- Other Affiliations: American Association of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, American College of Physicians, American Medical Directors Association
Dr. Jessica King - Team Physician
- Credentials: MD
- Fellowship: Cox Family Practice Residency Program
- Residency: Cox Family Practice Residency Program
- Medical School: University of Missouri - Kansas City
- Medical Specialty: Family Medicine
- Practice or Clinic: Mercy Clinic Community Hospitals
Jennifer L. Keen - Nurse Practitioner
- Credentials: RN, MSN, ANP-BC
- Academic Degree, School: Master of Science in Nursing, Jewish Hospital College of Nursing and Allied Health
- Medical Specialty: Adult Medicine
- Other Affiliations: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Carrie L. Murphy - Senior Administrator
- Academic Degree, School: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Marketing, University of Missouri Central
Heartland Hospice Care Team
- Patients and families
- Heartland’s Medical Director
- The patient’s physician
- Registered nurses
- Hospice aides
- Social worker
- Spiritual care coordinator
- Bereavement counselor
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
The Heartland Experience means trying to exceed your expectations in every way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we measure the level of our service so that we can enrich the lives of our patients and the people who love them by delivering services that best meet their needs.
Partners in Care
Heartland Hospice collaborates with a variety of health care partners and organizations within our community to help improve access to high-quality care. Some of our Partners in Care include:
Every day, our hospice agencies receive recognition for the care they have provided to a patient or someone’s loved one. Many tell us they don't have the words to describe their appreciation and simply say "Thanks." Below are comments and letters from patients and family members sharing their gratitude.
"We cannot express our appreciation for all you provided to our mother during her final days. We were extremely fortunate Mom received such comforting care. It was especially reassuring to us to know she was in good hands. Your organization is extremely fortunate to have such a fine staff of caring and capable individuals."
Children of a hospice patient, Washington, MO
"Thank you for all you did for Ilene and our family these last few months. It was so hard to see her go, but we know she is no longer in any pain and we find great comfort in that."
Family of a hospice patient, Washington, MO
"I was very satisfied with the care my husband received from hospice. My husband was treated with kindness and respect. I just wish I would have had hospice sooner."
Wife of a hospice patient, Washington, MO
At Heartland, we consider our involvement with patients a sacred opportunity and a privilege to be in their lives. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the love, respect and care our patients and their families need.
Our volunteers help enrich the lives of our patients by:
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
- Providing special veteran volunteer support to patients who are veterans
To become a hospice volunteer, click here to download and complete the volunteer form on a desktop computer. Once completed, save and email the form to our Heartland staff (if you use Microsoft Outlook, please use this link instead). You may also print out the form and complete it by hand, then fax it to or mail it to our agency. We will contact you once the form has been received. If you have any questions, please call our agency.