HCR ManorCare statement regarding COVID-19
The safety and well-being of our residents, patients, employees and visitors is our priority. During this period of heightened awareness, we are taking additional precautions. Click here for more information.
What Makes Heartland Different
You don’t have to give up hope to get hospice
Many patients and the loved ones who care for them say they wish hospice care had started sooner.
Comforting treatments for patients can continue
Treatments that provide our patients with comfort and relief can continue, uninterrupted, even after we’ve started providing hospice care.
We don’t require advance directive choices
We don’t require that advance directive choices be made such as a “do not resuscitate” order (DNR) or living will to begin providing hospice care.
When you need care, we're ready to provide it
Any day of the year, any time of the day, we can initiate hospice care for you or your loved one.
Our heart stretches across the nation
At any given time, Heartland provides comforting care to thousands of patients in communities and neighborhoods across the country.
We’re fully accredited by ACHC
ACHC is the Accreditation Commission for Health Care. We’ve chosen to follow their additional requirements in order to help advance the highest standards of community-based care.
There to meet you on your journey
Wherever you are in your health care journey, we’re there to meet you.
We are mutual care providers
As mutual care providers, we work closely with your health care professionals to make sure specific protocols are followed closely.
Your Care Team
At Heartland, hospice care takes a team approach, one that incorporates the patient, their loved ones and other health care professionals.
The Heartland team may include:
- Patients and families
- Heartland Medical Director
- The patient's physician
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered nurses
- Hospice aides
- Social worker
- Spiritual care coordinator
- Bereavement counselor
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
Dr. Snehal B. Patel—Medical Director
- Credentials: MD
- Medical School: Ross University, School of Medicine
- Medical Specialty: Family Practice
- Practice or Clinic: Partners in Family Health, York, PA
Dr. Joseph Stephen Snoke—Team Physician
- Credentials: DO
- Medical Specialty: Geriatric Medicine, Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy
Dr. Amy E. Maley—Team Physician
- Credentials: DO
- Medical Specialty: Family Medicine, Palliative Care
- Practice or Clinic: Graham Medical Clinic, Newville, PA
- Credentials: PCHA
- Academic Degree, School: Bachelor of Arts, Shippensburg University
Karen Sheeley—Director of Professional Services
- Credentials: RN, BSN
- College Attended: York College of Pennsylvania
Christy Trump—Manager of Business Development
- Credentials: BS
- Academic Degree, School: Bachelor of Science in Psychology, York College of Pennsylvania
- Other Affiliations: Your Life Your Wishes Taskforce
The Heartland Experience means trying to exceed your expectations in every way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we measure the level of our service so that we can enrich the lives of our patients and the people who love them by delivering services that best meet their needs.