What Makes Us Different
- You don’t have to give up hope to get hospice. Many patients and the loved ones who care for them say they wish hospice care had started sooner.
- Treatments that provide our patients with comfort and relief may continue, uninterrupted, even after we’ve started providing hospice care.
- We don’t require that advance directive choices be made such as a “do not resuscitate” order (DNR) or living will to begin providing hospice care.
- When you need care, we’re ready to provide it. Any day of the year, any time of the day, we can initiate hospice care for you or your loved one.
- Our heart stretches across the nation. At any given time, Heartland provides comforting care to thousands of patients in communities and neighborhoods across the country.
- We’re fully accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). We’ve chosen to follow their additional requirements in order to help advance the highest standards of community-based care.
- Wherever you are in your health care journey, we’re there to meet you.
- As mutual care providers, we work closely with your health care professionals to make sure specific protocols are followed closely.
In Addition We Offer
- Patient-focused care with patient/family maintaining control
- Referrals and admissions 24-hours a day, 7-days a week
- Advanced staff certification
- Certified dementia practitioner
- Positive clinical outcomes
- Pain management
- Shortness of breath
- Comforting care and symptom management provided as part of plan of care
- Pleurx Catheter
- Tube feedings
- PCA pumps
- Tracheostomy care
- IV for hydration/antibiotic administration
- Other palliative treatments
- Encouragement for patients’ physician to be attending physician
- Onsite referral coordination
- Long tenure of leadership in the agency
- Strong customer service focus
- Tuck-in phone calls before weekends or holidays
- We Honor Veterans
- Vigil Volunteers for patients at end-of-life
- Positive patient satisfaction results
- Up to 13 months of bereavement services
- Home IV therapy
- Music therapy
- Massage therapy
- Admission follow-up phone call within 24-48 hours after admission
- Making Choices guide for end-of-life choices
- Memorial services
Dr. Adeebur Rahman - Medical Director
- Credentials: MBBS, MD
- Started Practicing: 1993
- Residency: Grant Hospital - Chicago, IL; Rush University Medical Center - Chicago, IL
- Medical School: Sir Salimullah Medical College - Dhaka, Bandladesh
- Medical Specialty: Internal Medicine
Laura Box - Nurse Practitioner
- Credentials: FNP-BC, CDP
- Started in Hospice: 2014
- Academic Degree, School: Family Nurse Practitioner, Northern Illinois University
- Medical Specialty: Hospice
- Other Affiliations: Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nursing, Hospice and Palliative Nurse Association
Maureen Lewis - Director of Professional Services
- Credentials: BSN, RN
- Started in Hospice: 2017
- Academic Degree, School: BSN - Southern New Hampshire University
Cathy McBride - Administrator
- Credentials: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Started in Hospice: 2016
- Academic Degree, School: Graduate Degree, Loyola University of Chicago
Heartland Hospice Care Team
- Patients and families
- Heartland’s Medical Director
- The patient’s physician
- Registered nurses
- Hospice aides
- Social worker
- Spiritual care coordinator
- Bereavement counselor
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
The Heartland Experience means trying to exceed your expectations in every way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we measure the level of our service so that we can enrich the lives of our patients and the people who love them by delivering services that best meet their needs.*
Pain Controlled Within 48 Hours:
Heartland Hospice 80%
National Average 55%
*Source: Strategic Healthcare Programs (SHP) 2016
Partners in Care
Heartland Hospice collaborates with a variety of health care partners and organizations within our community to help improve access to high-quality care. Some of our Partners in Care include:
Community Partners in Care
Other Health Care Partners
- ManorCare Health Services - Homewood
- ManorCare Health Services - South Holland
- ManorCare Health Services - Oak Lawn East
- ManorCare Health Services - Oak Lawn West
- ManorCare Health Services - Palos Heights East
- ManorCare Health Services - Palos Heights West
- Arden Courts of South Holland
- Arden Courts of Palos Heights
Every day, our hospice agencies receive recognition for the care they have provided to a patient or someone’s loved one. Many tell us they don't have the words to describe their appreciation and simply say "Thanks." Below are comments and letters from patients and family members sharing their gratitude.
“Mom was always in wonderful caring hands with Heartland Hospice. We knew you were also just a phone call away. Thank you to my mom's Heartland team and all of the wonderful volunteers! You not only eased her fears, but you eased the family's fears as well. My mom was an important part of our lives and we are grateful for your kindness shown. God bless you always!"
Family member of a hospice patient, Frankfort, IL
"Dear Heartland Hospice Care Team - On behalf of my family and I, we would like to thank you so much for the care you provided my Grandpa recently. I would also like to thank you for all of the love and support provided not only to him, but to myself and my family as well. A special thank you to his nurse and social worker who are both amazing. We were so lucky to have you with us and my Grandpa loved you both. I couldn't have done it without your support and care. You are ALL angels!"
Granddaughter of a hospice patient, Frankfort, IL
"To the staff at Heartland Hospice - My appreciation to all who helped care for my aunt. I'm sure keeping her involved in music was a comfort to her. I also appreciated information about her health as she started to decline. Thank you!"
Niece of a hospice patient, Frankfort, IL
At Heartland, we consider our involvement with patients a sacred opportunity and a privilege to be in their lives. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the love, respect and care our patients and their families need.
Our volunteers help enrich the lives of our patients by:
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
- Providing special veteran volunteer support to patients who are veterans
To become a hospice volunteer, click here to download and complete the volunteer form on a desktop computer. Once completed, save and email the form to our Heartland staff (if you use Microsoft Outlook, please use this link instead). You may also print out the form and complete it by hand, then fax it to 815-464-9745 or mail it to our agency. We will contact you once the form has been received. If you have any questions, please call our agency.
Join Our Team
Become a part of our team and join us on our mission to provide patient-centered care. Click on the link below for a list of current openings at this location. You can also register for our job alerts and get up-to-the minute notifications of positions as they become available.Join Our Team