Heartland Hospice Serving Central Ohio
Counties Served: Franklin, Madison, Knox, Licking, Fairfield, Perry, Marion, Union, Delaware, Morrow, Crawford, Pickaway, Fayette, Hocking, Harding, Wyandot, Clinton, Logan, Highland
What Makes Us Different
- You don’t have to give up hope to get hospice. Many patients and the loved ones who care for them say they wish hospice care had started sooner.
- Treatments that provide our patients with comfort and relief may continue, uninterrupted, even after we’ve started providing hospice care.
- We don’t require that advance directive choices be made such as a “do not resuscitate” order (DNR) or living will to begin providing hospice care.
- When you need care, we’re ready to provide it. Any day of the year, any time of the day, we can initiate hospice care for you or your loved one.
- Our heart stretches across the nation. At any given time, Heartland provides comforting care to thousands of patients in communities and neighborhoods across the country.
- We’re fully accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). We’ve chosen to follow their additional requirements in order to help advance the highest standards of community-based care.
- Wherever you are in your health care journey, we’re there to meet you.
- As mutual care providers, we work closely with your health care professionals to make sure specific protocols are followed closely.
In Addition We Offer
- Patient-focused care with patient/family maintaining control
- Referrals and admissions 24-hours a day, 7-days a week
- Onsite referral coordination
- Heartland clinicians sent to the Emergency Department to meet patients who have gone to the hospital
- Vigil Volunteers for patients at end-of-life
- Home IV therapy
- Pet therapy
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Massage therapy
- Alternative therapies
- Admission follow-up phone call within 24-48 hours after admission
- Making Choices guide for end-of-life choices
- Memorial services
Heartland Hospice Leadership Team
- Dr. Thomas Anderson, D.O. - Medical Director
- Kimberly Madigan - Nurse Practitioner
- Ashley Swetnam - Nurse Practitioner
- Eileen Corwin - Administrator
Heartland Hospice Care Team
- Patients and families
- Heartland’s Medical Director
- The patient’s physician
- Registered nurses
- Hospice aides
- Social worker
- Spiritual care coordinator
- Bereavement counselor
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
The Heartland Experience means trying to exceed your expectations in every way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we measure the level of our service so that we can enrich the lives of our patients and the people who love them by delivering services that best meet their needs.
Partners in Care
Heartland Hospice collaborates with a variety of health care partners and organizations within our community to help improve access to high-quality care. Some of our Partners in Care include:
Other Health Care Providers
Community Partners in Care
Every day, our hospice agencies receive recognition for the care they have provided to a patient or someone’s loved one. Many tell us they don't have the words to describe their appreciation and simply say "Thanks." Below are comments and letters from patients and family members sharing their gratitude.
"Thank God for your Columbus, OH hospice group. We cannot adequately express our thanks to Megan and Kristen. What beautiful, caring people. They made a huge difference in our lives. I would highly recommend Heartland Hospice of Columbus, OH. My only regret is that we didn't reach out sooner."
Pam Keenan, family member of a hospice patient, Columbus, OH
"My parents have been married for 73 years and were a true love match. When I let the Heartland of Dublin staff know that my parents' wishes were to go home with Heartland Hospice, I never imagined that they could make this happen the way that they did. Within hours of my request, two hospital beds were delivered to my parents' home and set-up in their family room; they then transitioned mother and father home. Mother was able to pass in our home with my father at her side. Heartland treated them “together” and for my parents, that was the best approach they could have ever used! When mother was dying, Heartland not only took care of her, but my father, and all of us. Heartland did everything in their power to take care of my parents; I have never seen anything like it! Thank you!"
The Allen family, Columbus, OH
"Often, healthcare is fragmented, but in this case with the Allen family, the continuum of care provided by Heartland Hospice made the difference. The staff rapidly achieved the goal of the patient and family to their home setting for Mrs. Allen's final hours."
Dr. Mack - Assistant Professor of Clinical Family Medicine Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH
At Heartland, we consider our involvement with patients a sacred opportunity and a privilege to be in their lives. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the love, respect and care our patients and their families need.
Our volunteers help enrich the lives of our patients by:
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
- Providing special veteran volunteer support to patients who are veterans
To become a hospice volunteer, click here to download and complete the volunteer form on a desktop computer. Once completed, save and email the form to our Heartland staff (if you use Microsoft Outlook, please use this link instead). You may also print out the form and complete it by hand, then fax it to 614-433-0641 or mail it to our agency. We will contact you once the form has been received. If you have any questions, please call our agency.